Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Fish!

I'll keep this brief, but, basically, for the first time ever, I made a fish recipe that we actually enjoyed! In fact, Eric took his fork to the pan afterwards and ate every last bite of what was left over. That happens... well, it pretty much never happens.

So, before I forget, here is the recipe that was very appropriately titled:

"The Very Best Fish Recipe Ever"
3/4 c. shredded parmesan cheese
1/3 c. butter + more for greasing the dish
1/4 c. mayo
3 tbsp. lemon juice (I just squeezed one lemon)
1/4 c. green onion (I used more like 1/3)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. dill, optional (I left it out)
2 dashes tobasco sauce
2 lbs. boneless, skinless fish (I used cod and just a little over a pound. We're poor.)

Pre-heat broiler and grease baking dish with butter. Arrange fish in a single layer in dish and broil for 8-10 minutes. While fish is broiling, make sauce by mixing together cheese, butter, mayo, lemon juice, green onion, salt, pepper, dill and tobasco. When fish is flaky, remove from oven and spread sauce on top (it will be pretty thick before going in the oven). Broil for 4-5 more minutes until sauce is lightly browned. 

Yum. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment