Thursday, January 22, 2015

10 Years!

It's hard to believe it's been 10 years this month since Eric and I met.

10 years since  my college freshman self noticed the cute high school senior hanging out with my friends that had grown up in town. I thought I'd try to make him feel more welcome since I knew he was planning on coming to school with us next year.

I had no clue that in the next few months I'd come to realize he wasn't just a cute, sweet kid, but funny, smart, thoughtful, caring, and genuine.

That when other girls started chasing him, I would realize I liked him a little more than I wanted to admit, even though he was "too young" for me and I was kind of seeing someone else.

That we would spend way too many nights hanging out, flirting, watching CSI (which I kind of hate, but didn't mind so much with him :-), making up excuses to spend more time together.

That he'd ask me to go to his prom with him, and then ask me to be his girlfriend a few weeks later.

And that one day that cute boy would ask me to be his wife, to move across the country with him, to have his children, to be his person.

10 years since this life began. And I wouldn't change a minute of it. <3 nbsp="">

No comments:

Post a Comment