Monday, August 4, 2014

Stitch Fix #2

Okay, this stitch fix thing is a little dangerous, I have to admit. The stylist definitely did much better this time. Luckily, I know I'm only allowed to keep one thing. Residency salaries do NOT allow for more than that. It was a hard decision though! I'd already paid $20 for the "fix", so I got to knock that off of all the prices. Excuse my messy closet btw!

 Here's what I got:

This necklace. I loved it, but I hardly ever wear necklaces thanks to my cute little toddler who likes to pull them off/break them. So I decided against it. It's really fun though! $32.

This shirt is totally not my normal style, but it's what I ended up keeping. The material wasn't my *favorite* (aka it was jersey knit cotton. haha), but it wasn't itchy or anything and it fit sooooo well. Like I threw it on with several different bottoms, looked in every mirror in our house, and couldn't help but love the way it fit. And it was so unique! $58. Yikes. (But I only paid $38).

Oh, I loved this racerback tank too! The colors. So fun. And the material. So. Flippin'. Soft. You can't see from the picture, but it's super flowy, and that's actually the reason I decided not to keep it. I looked a *little* on the pregnant side. It gave the blue shirt a run for its money though. $48.

This dress was okay, but it gathered at the waist and I'm really not a big fan of that style. I have one other dress like that, and I always feel kind of blimp-like wearing it. Plus this was a hefty $88. So while it was cute, it was a big fat no from the start. 

This skirt. I came sooo close to keeping this instead. 

I loved the slit. And the material was so soft. And it would go with summer tanks and sandals or winter boots and sweaters. Unfortunately, the deciding factor was once again my out-of-proportion back end. It was adorable, but a little too snug for me to really be comfortable in it. I kept checking myself to make sure it wasn't too revealing. Who wants to be self-conscious all the time? Not this girl. So I ultimately sent it back. I was pretty darn sad about it though. $68. 

I went ahead and signed up for another one next month. This is probably detrimental to my wallet. After all, I went back and looked at our books and I spent a grand total of $400 last year on clothes and shoes, jewelry etc. for Eric and me both. I don't think that's unreasonably low, but I'm guessing it's lower than the average middle class family. It definitely isn't meshing well with $88 dresses. Still, it's fun and I probably need to update. We'll see what comes next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment