Monday, August 25, 2014

19 months: Favorite Things

I'm thinking it might be easier to do these in increments. At three days shy of 19 months, here are some of Samuel's current favorite things:

- Watching videos of himself, especially ones as a "baby" learning to walk where he falls down a lot. He CRACKS UP at any video where he falls down. (We have 3 videos like this and they seriously entertain him for 15-20 mins at a time).

- Super Why (a PBS show). Multiple times throughout the day he starts telling me "Why!!! Why!!!" He only gets to watch once per day though. It's a rough life.

- Bubbles. Duh.

- Pulling everything out of the kitchen drawers, especially all the K-cups and plastic ziploc bags.

- Babies. I don't know what sparked it, but he looooves babies right now! It's one of his favorite words.

- Brushing his teeth.

- Singing - this is something new he's just started doing and I love it! I'll hear him in his room talking to himself and he'll just start adding a tune to it. Adorbs.

- "Jumping." He can't actually jump, but he thinks he can.

- Standing at the top of the steps of our deck, clapping, and yelling "Yay!!"

- "Racing" with me outside.

- Opening and closing our gate and saying "Nooooo!"

- I probably shouldn't admit this, but he loves climbing and standing on our side tables in the living room. He's pretty steady, and there's nothing on them, so we finally just let him do it. Mom of the year right here!

- Playing "Airplane Samuel" with Eric and me.

- Looking at a Curious George DVD case and making monkey sounds. Entire car rides to the Y have been spent like this.

- Throwing food on the floor. Really, throwing anything on the floor. Wood floors make such a cool thump. Le sigh.

- Pulling the cat's tail. Poor kitty.

- Pressing buttons, especially at the store. I let him press the credit card machine buttons until I'm ready to actually use it. He thinks it's pretty fabulous.

- Elevators. Over and over and over.

- Water fountains. Seriously, it doesn't take much to entertain this kid!

- Giving and blowing kisses, saying "hi" and "bye", and generally winning the attention of every woman he comes in contact with.

- Other people's food. Obviously everyone else's Goldfish are way better than his own.

- Mommy and daddy, because we're awesome. ;-) Seriously, though, I think my favorite thing Samuel does right now is go up to "talk" to other kids, say "hi" and then point toward me and say "ma ma!" Like he's just making sure they know that that mama is his. That and his cute little hugs and kisses melt me.

This really has been a fun month despite some serious tantrum throwing. Watching Samuel learn so much and hearing his vocabulary grow so rapidly is amazing! I so love this crazy kid! 



No comments:

Post a Comment