Friday, April 4, 2014

14 Month Snapshot

My sweet boy is 14 months old! And what a silly thing he is. :-)

I can't keep count of all the crazy things he's done the last few months. He gets into funny habits for a week or so and then suddenly drops it for something new. I know now that he is older, I probably won't be very successful in blogging about him month to month, so I thought I'd try just doing a quick snapshot of what he's doing right now. We'll see how it goes!

Talking: Samuel's very into saying "Uh oh!" to everything. He LOVES cats and will yell "kit daaat!" anytime we see one. He says "ba ba" for banana and "boo boo" for blueberry. He also says "ba ba" for ball, so I kind of have to think in context to figure out what he means. Everything else is "da." Last week at the Y, the nursery workers said he went up to every kid in the room and started talking to them - "da da da da da da." Apparently he had a lot to say, but no one knew what! haha. At least he's social. :-)

He also started signing "more" and "please" last week and does those ALL. THE. TIME. It's cute, but I don't think he really understands what either of them means, which leaves me puzzled half of the time about what he wants!

Eating: Everything. Well, sometimes he gets a little picky and throws things on the floor, but I think it's more an "I'm not hungry" thing. He eats a banana every morning, still LOVES blueberries, goes crazy for yogurt and strawberries and applesauce. He pretty much wants anything that's on my plate too. He is obsessed with milk, and I hate that I can only give him 3 glasses a day. He's recently tried peanut butter (which he loves!), chocolate chips and sugar cookies (thanks, preschool! haha). We don't do much of that at our house, but I figure I can't shield him from sugar forever. We try to stay healthy, though!

Reading: Peek-a-Boo! I love you!; Mr. Brown says Moo; Quack Quack!; the Bible; Being in the Jungle; and, of course, the Foot Book! (He also loves "Where is Bear?" but he tore a few pages out on accident).

Playing: Samuel rides his little yellow motorcycle every morning. He still loves his activity table and any kind of ball. He's really into his blocks right now. He can stack 5-6, but usually only does 2-3 and then knocks them over. That's just more fun, I guess! He also loves his stacking cups and shape blocks and pretty much anything that involves putting one thing into another. Oh, and we've been going to the park every day. He loves the slide, hates the swing, and wants to climb on everything!!

Sleeping: Still sleeping pretty well at night, but naps are a ton of fun to deal with! We've finally cut down to just one nap a day. Last month baby boy decided to start waking up at like 5:45 am and not nap at all, so I knew something was going on... I finally made the executive decision to drop his am nap, and that has at least lessened the problem. He still gets REALLY tired around 11 and I have to force him to stay up til 12:30/1. He often fights going down for his one nap, but usually sleeps anywhere from an hour and a half (normal) to three hours (very abnormal!). He still goes to bed around 8 and, other than some random night time crying that seems to be in his sleep, stays down til 6:30-7:30. It's not ideal, but I'll take it.

Annnnd he's screaming. Guess nap time is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment