Wednesday, April 16, 2014

27.

That number sure is inching closer to 30, isn't it? Eric has been making fun of me now that I'm in my "late 20s" and reminding me that I'll be 30 four months before he will. Thanks, honey. I guess it makes up for the fact that I could rent a car on our honeymoon and he couldn't? :-)

Anyway, my 27th birthday (week) was a pretty fun one! Last year's birthday kind of slipped away without much notice since we were dealing with a new baby/buying a house/getting ready for Eric's graduation. This year, though, I felt like we were really able to celebrate with a week of Christie. Woo-hoo!

The "big" thing we got to do was go on a whole day date alone! My sweet friend Tara offered to babysit Samuel and Eric had the day off. It was sunshiny and warm and pretty much perfect out. So I let Eric sleep in a bit and then we went to Panera for brunch. We went and wandered around Home Depot and talked about different house projects we want to do next year (I know, I do SUCH exciting things for my birthday, right??), and then we went downtown and went on a food tour of the city!

I was a little nervous about doing the food tour. It was kind of pricey and Eric and I can both be a little picky about things. However, it ended up being a fantastic experience and I'm SO glad we did it! We got to walk around downtown, learn a little bit about the history of the area, and try some yummy treats at six different restaurants. The managers/owners/chefs came out at each place too to tell us a little about the restaurants. Maybe I'm a big nerd, but I really really enjoyed it!

We also rented a super cheesy chick flick (Austenland) and Eric watched it with me and didn't fall asleep. So props to him for that. (Seriously, it was sooooooooo cheesy!!)

On Wednesday, the day before my birthday, Eric got off a little early, so he brought me home flowers and these yummy mint chocolate cookies from Dewey's that I love and then grilled me a steak. Mmm. 

On my actual birthday I got my free Starbucks coffee, had lunch with some friends and got some Dewey's cake and ice cream. Samuel was a bit of a disaster all day, but what's new there? Haha. Then we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner when Eric got off since it was 60 cent wing night and we had a gift card.

We topped it off by going out for Cold Stone Friday afternoon (after Eric came home with a nice new necklace and earrings for me since a certain little boy keeps breaking all my jewelry!) and then the food truck festival on Saturday (okay, we probably would have done that anyway. We REALLY love food!)

So, all in all, a pretty good week! the weather was lovely, I got to spend time with my family and some sweet friends. Here's to hoping 27 is a great great year!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment