Friday, April 18, 2014

Baby Easter Party!

When we bought our house last year, I was so excited to finally have a nice, flat back yard and a deck - an outdoor space we can actually enjoy! I LOVE being outside in the spring! The first several months we lived here we didn't do much outdoors except grill occasionally. Now that Samuel's older and loves being outside as much as I do, though, we have been playing back there almost every day.

When the weather started warming up, I got really pumped up and decided it would be fun to throw an Easter egg hunt in our backyard just for young walkers - you know, the ones like my child who would rather chase butterflies and eat rocks than actually hunt for Easter eggs. So yesterday afternoon I put out about 150 puff and goldfish-filled eggs (in plain view, of course), and whipped up a few springy desserts (it was hard to limit myself to just a few!), brought out some bubbles, put on some kiddo tunes, and Samuel and a few of his baby friends partied it up.

Okay, actually, they just figured out that opening the eggs meant getting food, so then they just sat there and ate. But that's okay. It was still adorbs! Hopefully we can do it again next year! (Maybe then the kids will enjoy it as much as the moms!)

[Excuse the blurry pictures - someone decided to smudge up my lens.]






No comments:

Post a Comment