Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Samuel Turns 1 (The Final Chapter. :-)

I know, I know, this is getting ridiculous. But I never blogged about his actual birthday, and I seriously WILL forget things. (It's been a month, so chances are that I have already forgotten half of it!)



So Samuel's birthday morning started bright and early at 7:15 am. I was still nursing at that point, so Samuel ate with me, then we went into the kitchen to put on the birthday crown his preschool teachers made him the day before (I forgot to mention that they threw him a little party there too) and to eat a banana with Pappy (my dad). We played a little, then let him have some blueberry waffle with whipped cream for snack time. He was a pretty big fan of that!



(photo his teacher sent me of his class party)

Eric was doing... something that day, I don't know what, but whatever it was, it allowed him to be home for a couple of hours over lunch. So we let Samuel "open" a couple of presents (his tunnel and maybe his soccer ball?) while he was there to be part of the festivities. Then we got a special delivery from Gran Gran and Granddaddy - balloons! Now THAT is the kind of present a kid likes! We will have to remember that next year.


After nap time, we all loaded up and went to Chick-Fil-A. It was a pretty icky day and starting to snow, so things weren't too busy. Samuel really enjoyed his chicken nuggets (as always). I'm still amazed that he can eat a whole kid's meal by himself. But that's a story for another day.


Anyway, a little bit of snow turned into a LOT of snow. It came down all afternoon, so we pretty much hung out inside and played and napped some more. I made a chocolate cake from scratch based off of a couple of pinterest recipes I'd seen. It was far and away the BEST cake from scratch I've ever made. No joke! I was pretty thrilled with the results.




For dinner I whipped up one of Samuel's favorites - Chicken Pie. He was pretty exciting about it. Then for dessert - cake of course! I left icing off of Samuel's piece since it was his first taste of anything that sweet. He was pretty stoked about it!


After dinner, we set up the car track that Eric's parents had sent a few weeks earlier and let Samuel play with that. We Face Timed with them while he climbed up the stairs to see it for the first time. Once again, I think I was a little more interested in it than he was, but I guess that's just the way it goes when you have a one year old.

Then, since the snow had FINALLY stopped, we went outside and stomped around in it for a while. Samuel is NOT a fan of snow (a fact that's been reiterated several times over the last month. We've gotten a ridiculous amount of snow this year). I thought it was really nice that it snowed on my baby's birthday though. What a beautiful way to start a new year!

Anyway, I *think* that's the last of the birthday posts. Props if you made it this far. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment