Thursday, March 13, 2014

It's March!!

I am so so so so so glad that spring is finally almost here! This winter has NOT been my favorite. But these warmer days and the beautiful sunshine and now daylight savings time have made me realize there's an end in sight. Woo hoo!!

I got my spring decorations out last week, and then made a wreath for our door yesterday. I was pretty proud of the wreath since I generally consider myself to be an un-crafty person. All I did was buy some fake hydrangea and cut them off the stem and stick them through the wreath, then paint a letter Y that I found for 50 cents at Michaels and glue it on. My house feels so much happier now.

Oh, I also finally put pictures into the frames I bought at Thanksgiving to go in our entryway. We finally decided to put up pictures from when we went to Venice a few years ago (as opposed to family pictures - I'm planning on doing a blown-up version of one of those). I think it looks pretty nice... I really need someone to come show me how to decorate though, because I am just NOT good at visualizing things!

Eric had his first golden weekend since his "vacation" last month (on which we were all sick), and it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! Both days were BEAUTIFUL. We went to lunch at Chick Fil A and took Samuel to get his first haircut (which was adorable - pictures to come!) and went to the park and then our friend Jib graciously babysat so we could go out to eat just the two of us.It was so wonderful to just go sit and enjoy a nice meal together baby-free! It was our first date of 2014. Sad, I know, but between Eric working, the snow, us being sick, and my bouts of anxiety, we had a rough couple of months that kept us from doing much of anything. Plus I have no clue how to find a babysitter, and I feel awful that I keep asking all my friends to watch Samuel. Oh well, I am just so grateful for our sweet buddies who are willing to help us out!

On Sunday we went to church, then I got a wild hair and decided I wanted Panda Express for lunch, so we drove to High Point only to discover that their PE was in the mall, so then we drove to Greensboro and ate at the one there. I know, silly, but we haven't done anything crazy like that in a long time (we used to drive to Charlotte to eat at On the Border fairly regularly), and finding good Chinese food in Winston is next to impossible. (Plus I wanted to "practice" driving on the interstate since my anxiety issues have been particularly bad while driving).

I have been doing sooooo much better with the PPA stuff though. Quitting nursing altogether has made SUCH a difference! I don't feel 100% normal all the time, but I am leaps and bounds above where I was, and hopefully can put all of this behind me pretty soon. It's been SO great to feel like a fairly normal, functioning person again!

Anyway, Eric had to go back to work Monday (of course) and after this coming Sunday off, he has to work another two weeks straight (yuck). But he only has 15 weeks left of intern year. 15! That feels like something we can manage. And yesterday he got a list of options for tracks for 2nd and 3rd year, and they all looked SO nice compared to this year! It's like an end is finally in sight.. or at least some reprieve!

Anyway, I am just soo so grateful that March is finally here. It seems to be bringing so much hope and cheer. God has definitely provided for us through the last through difficult months, and I know I've learned and grown a lot. But man, am I thankful for a happy happy change!

Happy March!!

No comments:

Post a Comment