Wednesday, July 5, 2017

The crazy month of March - part 2

Let's see... I think my last post ended with my race.

That afternoon, we swung over to Greensboro to pick up Eric's mom for a visit. We had a birthday shin-dig to get to, so we left the kids for a few hours and went to eat at Fratelli's with friends, then Eric and I went by ourselves to go get an outrageous milkshake at Burger Batch downtown. It was de-lish. (Though I actually like the milkshakes at our other local burger place, Cin Cin, better).


The next day was church and our traditional Village Tavern Brunch.




I'm sure we did something else that day, but I can't remember what. Monday we ran around and then went to eat at Samuel's favorite place - Monte de Rey. Levi enjoyed a lemon (pictured below). We made a lot of unsuccessful attempts to get a picture of Carole with both boys. 


Then we went to the dinosaur playground at Washington Park! 



Spring was finally in full bloom. I love spring here so much. I'm really going to miss it if we move too far away!


On Tuesday we went to Hanes Park.



And got Levi his first cupcake as an early birthday treat!



Levi does this all the time when he's tired. Or teething. Or just playing peek-a-boo. It's kind of hilarious. 


On Wednesday we went to BSF, then headed to Greensboro to eat some Newk's and visit the science museum before Gran-Gran hopped on her plane to Arkansas.

^The best picture I got of the three of them.


This was crazy - the penguins at the nature center were in an all-out fight. It got a little rougher after this and I had to move the kids away! haha. 








Carole left around 2:30, and we ran back home, got the boys some naps, then went to meet my parents and grandparents at their hotel on the north side of town! We went to go eat at Bibs and then called it a night.

The next day was Levi's first birthday!




We met up with my family for lunch at some little cafeteria downtown I'd never been to before, then headed out to Old Salem.




That night we had Levi's birthday party.















That year went quicker than any ever! What a sweet, sweet boy God has given us. I'm so thankful for his laid-back personality and bright smile! We had a blast celebrating! 


I'm not sure why the following pictures got mixed in here, but Carole wanted to take doughnuts to Samuel's preschool for fun the Tuesday she was here, so these are a few snapshots from that.




Typical mornings.







John Tyler's birthday party.


Samuel's church choir performance. 



Levi got a water table!


Dinner at Cloverdale Kitchen.




So here's the-not-so-fun part of March.
My family was supposed to be here Wednesday-Saturday. Friday morning, my Papaw fell at his hotel and broke his arm, landing him in the ED at Baptist. After a lot of tests, they figured out a heart valve problem caused him to pass out and fall. Cue two extra weeks in Winston-Salem for my mom and Mamaw, and my aunts coming to visit as well. On the plus side, we got to spend a lot of time with family! But it definitely made things crazier! The hospital was also still on lock-down because of the late flu season, so the kids weren't able to visit and for the most part I wasn't either as Eric was on consults and MIA.
TBC in the April post. 


First ride in the grocery cart together with no one screaming!


And Levi LOVED this slide. Pretty sure it was his favorite birthday present.


Anyway, that about sums up March. I never really knew if I was coming or going or what was coming up next. It was fun to travel and to celebrate so much though. And I'm thankful for God's provision through it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment