Wednesday, July 5, 2017

April

And the saga continues!

After waiting to see how his arm healed and to work him into the surgery schedule, Papaw finally got to have his surgery on April 3rd (I think - that sounds right). Samuel had a blast meeting Aunt Kim and Aunt Laurie and spending time with them while they were here.

Also, I can't believe how cute this little chunk is sometimes.



Super dad, finally home after weeks of work!


Since my mom was still in town, Eric and I took the chance to go on a date after the kids were in bed one night. We weren't counting on an hour wait at the restaurant. We were a little hangry. :-)



Samuel adored Kim. 


Easter egg hunt for RSA at Hathaway Park.


I got a new rug!


It was "Week of the Young Child" at preschool. There are several snapshots mixed in here of some of Samuel's activities both when I was there and away. :-) 


Waiting on Papaw's surgery.



Official first birthday picture, a couple of weeks late.


And drawing all over the back of the poster, because Levi loooooves to draw.


In the craziness, I didn't get around to getting my ring cleaned in March (I have to go every March and September to keep the jewelry insurance up). So I took the boys one day and it of course started pouring while we were there, so we improvised. 


Sweetness still loves to snuggle. 


More of time with the familia.



Seriously, I could just eat. him. up.



Oh, and our little budding photographer has been stealing my phone more and more lately. This was just the first of many many pictures he took over the last few months.






Easter parade at school. I really liked Samuel's "tie" he made. :-)






Finally saying goodbye after 2 1/2 weeks. We had a scare right before they headed for the airport - Papaw's blood pressure dropped dangerously low and we had to scramble around for high sodium food and drink. He ended up with one more quick hospital stay back in Houston before they managed to get everything straightened out, but thankfully he's been doing well ever since!

I don't remember why we went, but I took Samuel to get fro yo, and this was his creation.


Chunky monkey. I'm posting this 3 months later and I can't believe how much he's thinned out since he started walking (week of April 18th - he decided he wanted to walk and there was no going back!!)


Madeline and her kids stopped by for a quick visit while Eric was on call one weekend!



Samuel had a cold for like 2 months. He decided one day to put a tissue on every step "so he'd have one close by in case he needed one." 


These boys loooove to color and write!



My 30th birthday was pretty anti-climactic. I ate some leftovers from my parent's house they were staying at a few days earlier and had felt sick-ish for a few days. I guess it was e. coli or salmonella or something, but whatever the case, I got sicker to my stomach than I've ever been for the next 3 days. I did manage to squeeze in some shopping and a haircut and a quick visit with friends before the misery began though. haha. 
(See the reason I can't ever wear rompers below! Cute, but waaay to short for this tall chica.)


Flowers and cake from Eric. It took a little longer than it would have otherwise, but I did manage to take care of that cake by the end of the week with a little help.;-)





We also still went on my now semi-traditional birthday walk. 



And took this picture with Samuel making a face and Levi not looking and my poor tired eyes and Eric looking all fine (but whitewashed, because he lives in the hospital these days). Real life, guys. This is us. 


My sweet friend Bethany got me this yummy cupcake.


Samuel went to the dentist and had his first cavity. He had it filled in May. More about that later.


These boys drive me nuts with their constant MESSING WITH EACH OTHER, but good grief can they be sweet. 



Panera bread one morning when I finally recovered. Did I mention all this sickness happened on Samuel's spring break? The boys spent a couple of mornings at the Y's parents morning out. 


Levi's first official B-Dubs excursion. 


Friday morning playdate with Mikaela and Karis, Levi's friend who is two-ish weeks older than him (and about half his size, because he's a baby giant). 



Easter egg hunt at the Y.


My parents got me an InstantPot for my birthday!


Tulips from Jib. They lasted forever!


And from Emily.


Resurrection rolls! SOOOO good. 


Easter! 











And what you do with all that pesky Easter candy.


Finally getting the hang of "all done."


Samuel started going crazy building train tracks and not freaking out when things didn't fit together. I can't tell you how much I love this!!



Dyeing Easter eggs a few days late.


And I found this picture of Eric's graduating residency class last year.


One day when I was cleaning, I found this. Levi plays with it a lot and I guess messes up Samuel's art. Glad we aren't being passive-aggressive or anything. 


Levi is a super block stacker (well, he got to 5 once, but I figure that's not too bad for a 1 year old!)


Samuel got his first library card!


Our "other child."


Strawberry picking.




Levi basically did this the entire time and was a huge mess at the end. But man, did he have fun!




Wrestling. All. The. Time.


Someone loves spaghetti! I finally started weaning Levi after his iron came back low at his one year check up and I was told I was nursing too much. I wasn't done until the end of May, but he started eating a LOT more "real" food mid-April.


Peek-a-boo!



I almost forgot about this - a storm blew through one night and knocked a neighbor's tree down, as well as all the power lines on our street. Our power was out for a day or so. I had to make a mad dash to save all the breast milk. And Eric's car flooded too.

Dinner out with some lovely friends who are moving. Cue the tears.


More school pics. 





These memes basically sum up my life.



Samuel's first icy.


Sweet boy loves his daddy.



Thankful for another great month!

No comments:

Post a Comment