Wednesday, February 11, 2015

2nd Birthday!


Samuel turned 2 on January 28th! His actual birthday was pretty low-key, but fun. Eric was in the middle of a month of nights, so he brought home doughnuts for breakfast and hung out with us for 10 or 15 minutes before heading off to bed. We let Samuel open a couple of presents during that time. I had Bible study at church and then I took Samuel to Chick-Fil-A with some friends for lunch. He pretty much passed out when we got home and slept for 2 1/2 hours.




After nap, we watched a show and hung out with Eric for a few minutes when he woke up. Samuel also got a balloon delivery from Gran-Gran and Granddaddy! Eric left for work and my parents arrived about 15 minutes later! We got them all settled, then went out to Carrabba's for dinner, where Samuel thoroughly enjoyed some shells and cheese.


We went to Ikea the next day (Thursday) and picked out some more train tracks for him and let him get a stuffed bunny. My parents also got him a cute little table and chairs. We came back home and let him open one of his big gifts - a Cozy coupe Truck. He was pretty excited about that one!



On Friday we had his check up. Not-so-surprisingly, here are my crazy active child's measurements from his 2 year appointment:

Height - 36.5" (96th %)
Weight - 26 lbs. 9 oz (32nd %)
Head circumference - 18.5" (12th %)
BMI - 14.02 (1st %)

He had to get a shot, so I took him to get a doughnut afterwards. Because that's how we roll. ;-) We went back home to pick up my parents and then took him to get a haircut. He let the lady use the clippers for the first time. He looks so grown up now!!


Friday night, we took him to Chuck E. Cheese for the first time (and the last for a LONG time!). He had fun, but there was an elementary school fundraiser going on and it was CRAZY. He got stuck in the play area and had to have a "big kid" get him out. We had fun riding every mechanical car there, though, and Eric and I even got to sneak away and play some skee ball.


Saturday my parents and I went to the gym while Eric slept, then out for Bibs BBQ for lunch, Samuel's favorite ;-) (Okay, it might be mommy's favorite too!). Saturday evening we had Samuel's "party." He was SO much more into presents than he was even at Christmas. He knew they were all for him and, once he was done opening one, he wanted to move right on to the next. The delight on his little face with every gift was priceless. It's amazing how it makes you want to lavish the whole world on this sweet little guy.




He's been asking me every day if today is "present day" again? Haha. (He's also been singing "Happy Birthday Samuel" over and over. LoL).

I also made him a little Thomas the Tank Engine cake and we let him have ice cream. He was pretty pumped about that.


Even though it was low-key, I think baby boy had a great second birthday. I know I sure enjoyed it! I can't wait to see what year 3 will bring! :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment