Saturday, February 21, 2015

Snow (ish)

I'm not going to pretend that I understand what it's like to live somewhere really cold. I've got Texas blood, after all. But even this born-and-raised-in-the-south gal thinks it is really really crazy how life totally stops when we get the teeniest bit of snow around here. Like, an inch or two and everything shuts down all. week. long.

I'm not saying I blame them for closing schools - I don't want 5 year olds waiting for the bus in -10 degree windchills, nor do I want 16 year olds driving on black ice to try and make it to school on time. I get why they put school on hold. But, good golly, everything seems to close early or stop completely. Like the pharmacy - closed early all week. A consignment sale I tried to go to today 5 days after it snowed? Closed "for inclement weather." ?!?!?!

And somehow it makes my child super duper extra intense. He's pretty much always 100% on or off, but this week it's been like 500%. And the emotions - oh, my! He just needs to go run outside. He needs it.

He did enjoy the snow when we were out in it, though. He kept telling me (over and over over), "Mommy, snowflake time! Snowflake time!" He never just says "Snow," it's always "Snowflake!" That's pretty cute.

We built a snowman ("Olaf"). And when he sees snow melting now, he says, "Oh, poor poor Olaf!!!" I chuckle at that, too.

And he does look pretty cute in his snow boots (that he refuses to take off) and hat and coat. Getting all that stuff on and off adds an extra 15 minutes to our coming and going though.

So, you get the point, it made for some cute pictures, but I'm over the "snow" (aka, the few patches of ice that are left lying around). See ya next year, winter. Bring on the heat!




Throwing snow in his own face. Goofball. 


"Olaf."

The sun was really bright reflecting off the snow, so all week he has been yelling, "GO AWAY SUN! NOOO SUN! AHHH!" until he gets his sunglasses on. Drama King. 

Hard working man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment