Wednesday, March 20, 2013

7 Weeks


Look at this smiley guy! I feel like he doubled in size this last week!

Samuel's 7th week of life was a pretty exciting one. He went to the Y for the first time. That was, of course, a lot more traumatic for me than for him. I don't mind leaving him so much, but I don't KNOW the girls working in the nursery at the Y, and they don't know my kid (nor did they care when I listed the contents of his diaper bag to them. Haha.) 

It had to happen eventually though, and he seemed pretty content swinging in their uber-fancy swing. He slept the whole time. 

He also got admired (from afar) by a slough of toddlers who kept saying, "Baby! Baby!" I feel pretty bad for those kids' parents, because I'm pretty sure that's all they're going to hear about!

On Friday, Samuel also stayed with our friend Tricia for about four hours while we went to Match Day, and then our friend Nicole came over for two hours or so after he went to sleep so we could go to the Match Day party. He did well both times, thank goodness. 

Saturday night, Eric's mom and sister came in (after he went to bed), and Sunday morning we got up and Samuel went to church for the first time! It happened to be baby dedication Sunday, so we went ahead and participated (for fear that next time around he may be jumping off the stage)! We were pretty legitimately scared that he would spit up, poop, or scream, but he did none of those. What a sweet baby. :-)



After church, we ran home so I could feed him and then went to brunch at Village Tavern. He got a little fussy, but Gran-Gran was pretty happy to hold him after we were through eating. 

Samuel has been doing an awesome job sleeping this week! He has been going to bed between 8:30 and 9 and giving us a 6-7 hour stretch every night. He's usually up between 8 and 8:30 in the morning. While he takes a little nap between every feeding (every 3 hours or so), I've been trying to have him take a good morning nap in the pack-n-play and one of his afternoon naps in the crib. Usually the other afternoon nap is taken in the jogging stroller, the swing at the Y, the carseat, etc., as I have WAY too much energy to stay in the house all day!

The REALLY exciting thing to me is that this sweet boy has been putting himself to sleep. By that I mean that I can set him down in his crib awake at night and he will fall asleep on his own without fussing. Sometimes it's right away, and sometimes it takes 30 minutes of playing in his crib, but he's consistently done this for about 10 nights in a row, so I'm starting to feel like this might be his norm (I hope!!). Do I have an amazing baby or what???

Samuel's also been wiggling a LOT more (if that's possible). While laying on Eric's stomach this week, he's practically rolled off more than once. He also has wiggled halfway down his crib while swaddled, which I find pretty impressive! 

He talks a LOT, especially when he first wakes up, and has a new-found fascination with sticking out his tongue and with eating his fist. He's also started wearing a few 3 month outfits that aren't completely swallowing him. Seriously, I can't believe how big he's getting! Where did my little newborn go??

I don't know if it's possible, but I feel like I love this sweet kid more every day. 7 weeks in and it's hard to imagine life without him!!


2 comments:

  1. He is getting so TALL! Seriously he looks so long now! Sweet boy. He really is a darling.

    I totally understand your distress leaving him at the gym--I felt the same way the first time I left Charlie--but the girls/ladies there are wonderful. You will get to know them quickly, and they will get to know Samuel. I can definitely see that they are attached to my littles now, and my kids feel very safe with them. We have a good Y staff for sure. Did it feel strage/amazing to be out and about on your own for a bit?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed that he puts himself to sleep -- that is awesome! I have to say, I'm a little jealous :)

    -M

    ReplyDelete