Monday, March 11, 2013

6 Weeks/Match Week!!

Samuel is 6 weeks old today and I have to say... I am SO glad I'm not going back to work! There's no way that I could leave him already!

This has been a really great week for us. Granted, little man has definitely been in a fussy stage. His waking hours have consisted of eating, screaming, fussing, and then sleeping some more, sometimes with some happy minutes mixed in. But that is fine because this week he started SLEEPING at night.

I know it may not last... he's still really little... but Friday and Saturday night he slept for 6+ hours straight, and last night he slept for 5. On top of that, Eric and I moved back upstairs to our comfortable bed, which has been AMAZING. Friday and Saturday, Eric stayed up until Samuel woke up at 2ish and gave him a bottle, allowing me to sleep from 9:30/10 until 4:30/5 (!!!) Then Eric got to sleep until 11. Even with Samuel being fussy, it was a pretty great weekend. It's amazing what sleep can do!!

We also used up the last of our newborn diapers this week and finally bumped Samuel up to size 1s yesterday. They still look a little big to me, but I think they will do! We also retired my two favorite newborn outfits. :( Several of his newborn things still fit really well, but my two favorite sleepers are on the small side, so I guess it's time to put them away.

We are still getting lots of smiles, especially in the mornings, and I can definitely say that they are aimed at us now (though he still really likes smiling at the clock and a picture on the wall too...). It's pretty great to pick him up in the morning and have him give me a big smile.... at least we know he recognizes us now!!

I started running a lot more this week. Well, not a LOT. But I did do a few one milers and a two mile run. It's not that I don't have the stamina, it's just that my weight is, uh, distributed differently now... I'm still trying to adjust to that! Hopefully I can pull of 5K some time this next week though. I haven't pushed it super hard since I haven't been cleared by the doctor yet, but I have my 6 week appointment this afternoon, so hopefully I will be able to start working out for real later this week.

The BIG thing in our lives this week is the MATCH. Eric got notice a little while ago that he is definitely matched for residency (meaning he doesn't have to spend the rest of the week scrambling around looking for a program to take him -- one of the ones he interviewed at will be IT). So Wake Forest has a lovely little envelope sitting up there in an office, and on Friday at noon we are going to OPEN it and find out what the next 3 years of our lives hold!!

I'm a little nervous about Friday... Samuel will be staying with other people for a lot of the day while we do match day activities. I'm sure he will be fine, but we haven't been away from him for more than 2 hours yet, and we will be gone for 4-5 hours around lunch, and then again for 2 or so for the match party that evening. I just hope he behaves!!


Then Eric's mom and sister are coming on Saturday to spend a few days. That should be fun too! We have baby dedication at church this next Sunday... all in all, it's going to be a crazy, busy week, but I'm excited!!


1 comment:

  1. I lov his cute little outfit! He is such a cutie. Congrats in matching, too. Such a weight off . We're excited to envelope party with you on Friday!

    ReplyDelete