Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bienvenidos, Primavera

Spring is here! The leaves are budding, flowers are blooming, and my mood just feels a little brighter every day!

Here's a few notes on what's going on with us these lovely days:

Today: Marks 9 days until Eric takes Step 1. I love that we are in single digits now! I really am not sure at this point that I remember what it feels like to have a husband who doesn't study 80 hours a week... I'm certain it's going to feel GREAT though!

Yesterday: I ran in my first 5k of the year and finished in 26:56, almost 3 minutes ahead of my time last fall. I actually placed (yay!) in my age category (not that there were a lot of people IN my age category to begin with, but I will take my cute silver medal nonetheless :-) .

Wednesday: I bid goodbye to my dear laptop. We thought the issue was the battery. It wasn't. The replacement battery we ordered would only work for about 2 hours and would not be rechargeable after that. So we spent two hours salvaging what we could of my documents and photos. I got my documents, wedding pictures and pictures from my trip to Spain, the most important things. But all of my music and several files of pictures are gone forever. R.I.P. Sony Vaio.

Tuesday: As I was leaving work, I saw these two first grade girls run to give each other a hug in the hall. One of the little girls gave the other some purple flowers, then had to go since her mom was there.

I went up to the remaining girl and said, "Wow, those sure are some pretty flowers! You have such a sweet friend!"

The little girl looked at me and, smiling, said, "Actually, Miss, these aren't flowers. They're just a bunch of weeds."


Last week: I planted a little garden. And when I say little, I mean ridiculously minuscule. We have a little "yard" area in the "back porch" of our apartment. It probably measures 2 feet by 8 feet. So I planted a few lettuce, onion and spinach seeds. I really don't expect anything to grow, but I figure it will be fun if it does!

Last Saturday: I ran 10 miles - no walking included in that! I was sick for about a day afterwards and more sore than I've ever been, but at least I can say I did it!

This whole month: I keep catching Connor in the sink!

Apparently it's just the right size for him. He does it nearly every day, but it still makes me laugh every time.

Next week: Charleston! I haven't really had any time off since Christmas, so I am super-excited for a four day weekend going to the beach and exploring a new city at our leisure. :-) Any suggestions about things to see/places to eat are more than welcome!

1 comment: