Monday, May 13, 2013

[First!] Mother's Day

I didn't realize when I became a mom that it meant I basically get another holiday. Mother's Day felt like my  birthday all over again!!

Of course, some things are a little different when your child is 3 months old. For instance, Samuel decided to celebrate by waking up about 4 times in the middle of the night. Two of those he put himself back to sleep, but the other two I had to go down there and pat his head for awhile to calm him down. (He might have gone back to sleep if I would have left him alone, but at 3 in the morning, 5 more minutes of crying seems like torture for BOTH of us). This whole sleep regression thing is not my favorite. Luckily, this cute little smile makes it all worth it!

Eric also made up for it by getting up early and making me a sweet breakfast of eggs, toast and coffee, complete with cute little azaleas on the plate that he picked off of our bush out front. :-) That's sweet for any husband, but it's especially sweet when you consider how much Eric HATES getting up in the morning. He didn't even eat any breakfast himself, just made it for me!

I sang in church, so I had to be there at 8 am. It was a good morning, except for the fact that the boys didn't come until 9:30, and we had a little mis-communication about Samuel's eating schedule. The poor little guy ended up not getting fed for awhile (whoops!), and I had to miss the sermon to run over to the nursery and feed him. (It's days like that that I'm glad I'm nursing. I always have the food with me!) Luckily it ended up not being a big deal at all. But I was pretty exhausted by the time service ended at 11!

After church, we all came home and napped. We had some yummy chicken for lunch, talked to our padres, rested some more, then went out for frozen yogurt. Mmm. I went for a run, hung out with my sweet boys, and enjoyed the beautiful beautiful day.

How lovely is that?

It was especially lovely when I found the notes in my Bible from last Mother's Day. I don't hang on to all my notes, but I've been keeping that one because every time I look at it, I'm reminded of God's faithfulness.

You see, last Mother's Day, Eric was working and I was at church alone. We'd been trying to get pregnant for awhile, and I was starting to feel a little hopeless, wondering if it was ever going to happen or not. The sermon was about being a godly mom, and I kept tearing up like a big baby all throughout the service, praying that I would have the opportunity to do so, and that, if that wasn't God's plan, that I would somehow be okay with that. I had no clue at that time that my sweet little Samuel was already growing inside. Five days later, we got a positive test, and eight and a half months later, we got an amazing little son!



 I am SO grateful that God saw fit to give me my sweet Samuel. I've got a lot to learn about mommy-ing,. but know He has always provided what I've needed and will continue to do so! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment