Thursday, February 28, 2013

The First Month

There is no way that I could ever list all the things I have loved about Samuel's first month of life: holding him for the first time, rocking him to sleep, learning all of his funny habits, seeing him change SO much in just a few short weeks. As I write, this little guy is talking and cooing up a storm at me! Here are a few of my favorite things that Samuel has done this month/ we have done with him... I'm curious to see how many of the little "habits" stick around!! (I know some of it is stuff all babies do, but it's still fun!)

Holding his head up -- he was seriously able to do this within 24 hours of coming out!

Snorting - only when he gets REALLY mad. Then he sounds like a little piggy. Adorable. :-)

Holding his legs like a frog (and this week trying to jump with them!)

Turning when he hears our voices - so sweet!

Holding his own pacifier in his mouth

Shaking his head when he gets really excited

"Rooting" - we have to really watch him here because he will propel himself over if we're not careful!

Peeing on his own face -- It's only happened a few times, but I'm sure it will happen again!

Peeing on the pediatrician - and her assistant.

Our first "poop-splosion" - oh so fun!

Skin to skin the first week or two

Watching Eric suddenly go from awesome husband to awesome daddy!

Learning to swaddle (we've only used regular blankets until this week)

Burrito baby! (when he's swaddled)

Cuddling this sweet little thing <3 p="">
Samuel's cute little rolls - on his forehead, on his neck, on his belly. I thought he looked kind of like a pug the first week. They're starting to go away and it makes me sad.

All of his clothes (and diapers) being waaay too big!

Random "smiles" when he's sleeping/eating/pooping.

"Zombie baby" - when he sticks his hands out in front of him for no apparent reason.

Bath time & tummy time

Grunting - it's his way of letting us know he's about to get fussy

Realizing we love this kid more than we ever thought possible!


There's so many more, but that's just what I wrote down one night while I was rocking him... haha.
I can't wait to see what the next month brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment