Monday, May 28, 2018

Moving... Levi at 2... etc.

I have about 100 things on my to-do list so this will be short and sweet. I basically just remembered this thing, so I thought I'd give an update a whirl. :-)

It's Memorial Day. Like most holidays, Eric is at work. It's a reality we've come to live with, even embrace a little. The kids and I do our thing. It's going to be strange to be a real family of 4 again - or maybe really more like for the first time ever. In a good way. Not that he will never work a holiday again or that he's missed everything the last 5 years. But we expect good changes in the long run, and boy, are we ready!

We are moving on Thursday. Eek. We have packing included in the move, so I have done basically nothing. And I am freaking out about it. It seems like I should be doing something, right? I am working on using up all of our food by baking inordinate amounts of brownies for people, and I'm about to clean behind the couch. Maybe.

Levi is 2 now. How did that happen? The last few months have been a blur. Prepping to sell the house, showing and handling contract stuff, dealing with more medication trials for Samuel and some issues with his therapy program, looking for a house in Asheville and NOT FINDING ONE for a long time - let's just add to the stress, right? Finally finding the perfect rental and an air b&b in Winston and finding a new car and waiting for the new car and booking vacation and trying to keep my kids alive because they are FLIPPIN CRAZY (in the cutest way possible).

So Levi. He is still a chunk. At his check up he was 37.5" - that's like past 99%, up in the 3 year old range - and 31 pounds, which is more like 75% but still nothing to sneeze at. He's a big boy. His cheeks are still as big and kissable as ever and I hope they stay that way. He loves to cuddle, loves to read books - we are on a Goodnight Moon kick right now. He still is a little pacifier obsessed, but is letting it go more often. His eating has tapered of a bit, but he still puts away some fruit, spaghetti, salad, beans - good grief, he loves black beans! - chips, and tomatoes.

Levi's speech is finally picking up some. He's started asking questions and shrugging at me while asking. It's soooo stinkin cute! He probably has at least 100 words, it's just not always easy to decipher them. He is all about some bubbles and talks about them non-stop. He LOVES HIS BROTHER. Oh, man. They have such a brother relationship now - always hugging then fighting and taking each other's things. But boy, do they want to be around each other!

Levi is still an expert sleeper and loves his crib. He naps 3 hours in the afternoon and sleep 11-12 hours at night. I'm so not complaining. He loves baths and water and cleaning things ("wipes! Wipes PLEASE!"), does not like having his hands dirty, and prefers to wear shoes outside. He is about the sneakiest  little guy ever - SO quiet when he gets into things. I have to watch him, and frankly, I don't always do such a good job. I'm really trying. Most of his sneakiness has to do with food, though bubbles, toys and pens tend to be big thrillers for him too (OMG THE PENS.) He can sit and draw for like 20-30 minutes which is insane to me. He is just so so different from Samuel at that age!

He is getting to be a pretty good climber and is a little more adventurous than he used to be. He still often wants me to get him down after he's climbed up something though. It's hard to say no to him, though. He loves to be carried a lot too - also hard to say no to. "Mommy! Carry! PLEASE!!!" He's also getting opinions and doing the occasional hitting and kicking and running away from me which I'm not so thrilled with. We're working through it though.

Anyway, he is the most delightful little guy and we all just adore him. His long blonde hair and big smile and general easygoing nature have added so much joy to our family. I'm in a state of denial about being sad about anything right now, but at some point I'm going to sit down and cry about how big he's gotten. He'll always be my baby though.

So there's that. Off to chores. Maybe I'll post again before Samuel turns 6?

No comments:

Post a Comment