Monday, July 13, 2015

Trip to Arkansas/Fellowship Apps etc.

My blogging has really gone down the tube, huh? It really is because our laptop is pretty much done and I have to type everything from our desktop in the hot attic bonus room. Not my favorite place to hang.

Anyway, Samuel and I just got back from Arkansas. Eric's on a ridiculously hard rotation, so we decided to peace out for a little bit. It was quite the adventure.

We flew to Little Rock where my dad picked us up and took us to De Witt. We spent the night there, then left early the next morning (after I had a little run around the park) and followed him in my mom's car to Warren for lunch. Then we went to El Dorado to have ice cream with my friend Ashley. Then on to Magnolia and Eric's family.

Friday we went to Backyard BBQ (mmmm) and went swimming at Eric' grandma's house. We also went to a 4th of July Fireworks show (even though it was the 3rd). Saturday it rained, so we hung around then went and grilled hot dogs and Samuel got to ride in a back hoe and on a tractor. That was fun. Sunday was church, and Monday we spent in Texarkana shopping and visiting with our friends the Renfros. There was also a lot of walking on the farm road and cooking involved there too.

Tuesday we took off to meet my parents in Pine Bluff for lunch, then followed them to De Witt. We went to visit my friend Lindsay in Mississippi on Wednesday and then went to the Memphis Zoo on Thursday where we had an adventure with an escaped monkey that cause the whole zoo to go on lockdown, leaving us trapped and hungry. We also saw pandas and got to feed some giraffes. Friday we mostly hung around, went to eat in Stuttgart, watercolor painted, and ate some more mexican food. And Saturday we headed back to Little Rock to see my brother, JJ, college friend, Karis, & her new baby, and to head home. There was also a lot of playing at the playground, in the church nursery, and banging on the piano in there too. :-)

So that's a quick summary of our trip!

The other fun thing going on right now is that Eric has decided to do a fellowship in Nephrology (kidneys). So, much like when he was getting ready for residency, he has to apply to programs, interview, rank them, and then get "matched" again. Wooo. Applications go in Wednesday, so we will see how that goes.

Thankfully, I (we) seem to be way less stressed about things this time around for a number of reasons:
1) If he wants to back out, he can. He can practice by himself as of next June, so this is really just an "add-on" option.
2) The program is only 2 years. That feels a little more manageable.
3) Nephrology is not very competitive at all. He has a pretty darn good chance of getting one of his top 2 choices.

Plus he will be DONE when he finished this. That's hard for me to even imagine!

Anyway, I have some chores to do before little man wakes from his nap. ;-) At least I posted something right???

No comments:

Post a Comment