Tuesday, August 21, 2012

1000.

That's how many miles I've gone on foot in the last year!

I know it's silly... and no one else cares... but it's a goal I've had for a LONG time and I'm really proud of myself for reaching it (especially through moving, falling, first trimester sickness, etc. etc.)

In case you haven't figured it out, I am AVID about keeping track of my exercise. It gives me a way to challenge myself to push harder, do better. Who better to compete against than myself? I'm always here, and I can always push myself a little further. That's why I love running. I'm the one I have to beat.

So last year when I actually ran the whole year long and got in 775 miles, I knew it was only a matter of time before the day would come when I could look back and see that I'd done 1000 miles in the previous year.

That day was Sunday. And, I must say, it felt pretty stinkin' good.

Not all of it was running. Maybe 200-250 miles were on the elliptical or walking. Still, 1000 miles is 1000 miles. And of that I am proud.

Of course I can't just stop there. I'm not so naive as to think that I'm going to be breaking any records anytime soon considering I've got a baby coming in five short months. But hopefully I can maintain my 1000 mile status for a few months at least. And post baby... who knows... maybe a marathon???

No comments:

Post a Comment