Sunday, March 4, 2012

What's for Dinner?

I'm happy to report several successful nights of new dinners/supper/evening meals lately! All of these were major hits and definite make-againers.

Stuffed Peppers 
(with Rice) - Recipe for 2


(I adapted this recipe from this website.)

2 bell peppers
1 chicken breast, boiled and shredded
A few scoops of Philadelphia Cooking Cream
1/2 can Rotel
1/2 bag frozen sweet corn
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp chili powder
A few handfuls Cheddar or Mexican Blend shredded cheese
A few shakes of Panko crumbs
A few shakes of garlic powder, onion powder and taco seasoning
A heaping scoop of salsa

You can tell I was really careful about my measurements, right? haha.

1. Slice bell peppers in half and remove seeds/other innards. 
2. Mix chicken with all other ingredients except Panko crumbs and about a handful of cheese
3. Put chicken mixture in bell peppers and cover with Panko and cheese
4. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes

Stuffed Chicken Parmesan with "Mock" Mashed potatoes
Soooo easy and soooo good!!
Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts
1 bag grated parmesan cheese
2 handfuls spinach
1 egg
Panko breadcrumbs
1 jar pasta sauce (I used Prego)
1 bag Steamfresh garlic cauliflower
2 Tbsp. butter

For the chicken parm...

1. Slice the chicken breasts through the middle and fill with spinach and a handful of parmesan cheese
2. Scramble egg in a wide bowl. In a separate bowl, mix panko and two more handfuls of cheese.
3. Dip chicken first in egg mixture, then in panko. Place in baking dish and cover with pasta sauce.
4. Bake chicken at 350 for 35-40 minutes.

For "mock" potatoes...

1. Place the steamfresh bag in the microwave for 5-6 minutes as directed on the bag.
2. Place bag contents in a food processor (or Magic Bullet in our case!)
3. Add in butter and anything else you normally eat with mashed potatoes.

Serve it all together and you've got a killer meal! We were seriously amazed at the cauliflower potatoes. No joke, you could NOT tell the difference! I will definitely be using this recipe to trick my kids into eating veggies one day. :-) 


Rachel Ray's Lazy Baked Greek Chicken
Lazy Baked Greek Chicken

Okay, admittedly I stole this picture from the internet. 
This was SO delicious that I was thinking about it hours later wishing I had made extra. 

2 chicken breasts
1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 onion, minced
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
Several handfuls fresh spinach
1 tsp nutmeg
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 c. panko
1 tsp. oregano
1/4-1/2 c. feta cheese

1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Heat oil in skillet and cook onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, until onion is translucent. Remove to a bowl and mix in spinach and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
3. Place butter in the same pan and melt. Remove from heat and mix in oregano and panko.
4. Slit chicken breasts in half and open like a book. Stuff with spinach mixture and feta. Place in a baking dish and top with panko mixture.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes. 

Crockpot Buffalo Chicken
2 chicken breasts
3 Tbsp. hot sauce 
4 Tbsp. melted butter
1/2 packet ranch dressing mix
1 Tbsp. sugar
Other seasonings to taste (I threw in some onion powder and garlic)

Put all ingredients in crockpot. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Shred chicken. Put on bread and enjoy delicious Buffalo chicken sandwiches! 

And this isn't dinner, but I also made some delicious
Zucchini Fritters
1 grated zucchini
1/2 c. grated parmesan or mozzarella cheese
3 Tbsp. panko
1 egg
sprinkle of nutmeg
1 clove garlic/1 tsp. garlic powder
2 Tbsp. olive oil

Mix first six ingredients together. Heat olive oil over medium heat. Make zucchini mixture into "patties" and fry until slightly brown on the outside.

Can you tell what my favorite ingredients have been lately??

Oh, and how could I forget?? My cinnamon rolls!! 
Of course I didn't get any pictures of them. :( 
I basically followed this recipe. It was good, but it took FOREVER and I didn't cut them quite right, so they were super little. I will definitely try it again some time though!! 

Anyway, that's about it as far as cooking goes. 
The only other exciting thing I have to report is that I finished (and gifted)  my first baby blanket! It definitely was NOT perfect, but it is by far the biggest thing I've ever crocheted! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment