Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Yum.

So no worries, the Hungary pictures are coming. But in the midst of the moving and working... well, they've kind of gotten pushed to the back burner.

But apparently baking hasn't. I came home today and felt the need, no, the compulsion to bake something CHOCOLATY (by the way, did you know that was spelled without an "e"? Because I did not until now. Huh.) So I googled chocolate cookies and found Paula Dean's recipe, tweaked it a bit, and voila! Deliciousness in 15 minutes. Okay, less, because I admittedly ate about as much dough as actual cookie.


Here's how the magic happened:
1 stick + 2 T. butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg
1 T vanilla
1 c. flour
1/3 c. cocoa
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/4 bag chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugar together. Add egg and vanilla. Mix remaining ingredients in a separate bowl. Gradually mix into wet ingredients. Bake at 325 degrees for 8-10 minutes.


On another funny note (okay, maybe not to everyone, but it made me laugh), I was packing up our bookshelf tonight and found a folder of old English papers from college. I looked at one essay test from a comp class (you know the kind where they give you an hour to write 5 pages?), and, in my messy cursive, I had definitely written the following:
".... before the English gente tried to impose colonialism."

Yup. Gente is Spanish for people. Language confusion? I think so. Good job, college freshman Christie.

Amazingly, my English prof did not catch this. I guess sometimes using less-than-perfect handwriting pays off. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment