Monday, September 13, 2010

Everyone Loves a Sloppy Joe

I was pretty excited to whip up this tasty dish with some roasted potatoes (my current obsession) for lunch this past Sunday. With a few simple ingredients I already had in my fridge and 20 minutes of not-so-hard labor, we had more than our fill of deliciousness.


Move on over, Manwich!

Scrumpdiliumpcious Sloppy Joes

1 lb. ground beef
1/4 c. chopped onion
1/4 c. green bell pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/3 c. ketchup
1/3 c. BBQ sauce
2 tsp. mustard (I just eyeballed it)
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
Salt and pepper to taste

Brown hamburger meat with onion and bell pepper. Drain meat, and add in remaining ingredients. Allow to simmer for approx. 10 minutes. Serve on hamburger buns with your favorite side.

3 comments:

  1. What kind of BBQ sauce did you use? That could really make a difference in the taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Baby Ray's is the BEST!
    Shane Bennett

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used KC Masterpiece Hickory BBQ... but that's just because that's what was on sale at the grocery store last week! :-)

    ReplyDelete