Thursday, January 31, 2019

Samuel is 6!

It's so crazy that the tiny little baby we brought home is now a half dozen. Halfway through Kindergarten! Time really does fly. We celebrated with a surprise trip to Wilderness at the Smokies (Great Wolf Lodge type place) because it was super cheap, Eric was off, and I really didn't feel like planning a party!

It's been really fun to watch Samuel grow and develop more of his personality this year.
He is a really great artist, and loves to do all things crafty.
He got really into graphic novels and drew a lot of comic book type stuff.
His reading took off shortly after his last birthday, and he can keep up with any 3rd grader now.
He's gotten crazy good at legos and can build some pretty amazing creations.
He started taekwondo, and while it's probably not his forever thing, he looks super cute in his outfit and does some pretty awesome moves.
He learned to swim, but still won't put his head under the water. I'm really impressed with his skills though!
He can climb up pretty much anything, and likes to pretend to be ninja warrior.
He loves playing games - Monopoly, Battleship, Scrabble, Yahtzee... games are his love language these days.
He misses Winston-Salem still, but has done a really good job transitioning to a new life in Asheville. He's totally meant to be a mountain boy.

At 6 he's 47" tall and around 45 pounds. He sleeps right at 10 hours most nights, and occasionally takes a nap (I figure I'll want that info when Levi reaches this age. haha). He still has all his teeth - TBD if he loses one before age 7 or not! I think I was 7.5 when I lost my first one. We'll see!

Anyway, I'm excited to see what year 7 brings for our sweet boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment